I really shouldn't eat cheese. Even that Blue Brie that they've started stocking in Tesco, just in time for Easter, to tempt the weak. To be fair though, it's not the cheese so much, it's the timing. Eating a small child's body weight in soft cheese is bad enough, eating while watching a B-grade foreign language action movie late at night is what did me in I think. Thankfully, I had the fridge stocked with a few bottles of beer to keep me hydrated or God knows what would have happened.
What did happen was that I couldn't sleep and ended up waking myself up for a chat. Not one of my best ideas as I am one of those that take ages to wake up and make for terrible company if woken inappropriately.
"Oi... you awake?"
"mmphmm.. what?"
"nothing, nothing... just wanted to know if you were awake.."
"mmmzzzt.. no.. go back to sleep"
"hey... you know how we're going to be in Florida when the London to Paris bike thingy is on this year? The one I was thinking of doing last year? yeah? well... I was thinking..."
"mmmm"
"I was thinking that maybe I'll try a triathlon instead. They had the London Triathlon on telly earlier and it looked really cool."
"mmmmm good idea.. go to sleep"
"Great! I knew you'd agree. I'll have a look tomorrow about what it's all about. Can't be too hard really, can it?"
What did happen was that I couldn't sleep and ended up waking myself up for a chat. Not one of my best ideas as I am one of those that take ages to wake up and make for terrible company if woken inappropriately.
"Oi... you awake?"
"mmphmm.. what?"
"nothing, nothing... just wanted to know if you were awake.."
"mmmzzzt.. no.. go back to sleep"
"hey... you know how we're going to be in Florida when the London to Paris bike thingy is on this year? The one I was thinking of doing last year? yeah? well... I was thinking..."
"mmmm"
"I was thinking that maybe I'll try a triathlon instead. They had the London Triathlon on telly earlier and it looked really cool."
"mmmmm good idea.. go to sleep"
"Great! I knew you'd agree. I'll have a look tomorrow about what it's all about. Can't be too hard really, can it?"
No comments:
Post a Comment